At MetaCoastal, LLC, an enterprise which includes Hotel Moloka’i, Inn at Deep Creek, Marco Island Lakeside Inn, Sandbars Inn, and Travel Advantage Network, we take pride in creating an engaging and inclusive workplace environment for all employees. We accomplish this through avenues that include:
Over the last few years MetaCoastal employees collaborated across its companies to raise over $15,000 in donations and make charitable giving a part of our culture.
“Corporate giving should be a staple in the business world,” said Brad Callahan, Owner and Chief Executive Officer. “With so many outstanding causes and charities out there, it didn’t seem right to focus our corporate efforts to a select few. Instead, we have made an impact on well over 100 charities since our program was initiated.”
Here are just some of the charities we have supported throughout the years:
- Samaritan’s Purse
- Mended Little Hearts
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Down Syndrome Connection
- The Wounded Marine Fund
- March of Dimes
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- For the Cure – Breast Cancer
- Practical Compassion
- Believe in Tomorrow Children’s Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity
- Adult Congenital Heart Association
- Almost Heaven Golden Retriever Sanctuary
- Maryland Therapeutic Riding
- Frisky’s Wildlife & Primate Sanctuary, Inc
We work hard, but we play hard too. We want each of our employees to come to work every day and feel motivated to get the job done. However, we also want them to be happy and stress-free when doing their job. How do we accomplish this?
- Extra Curricular Activities: We work hard, and we play hard too. We want each of our employees to come to work every day and feel motivated to get the job done. However, we also try to incorporate activities that add value and enjoyment to our work life. In a non-COVID environment, some of the activities implemented have had a positive impact on our employee experience and include:
- Book Club: Each month, an employee hosts book club, open to all employees. The company provides the books; all the employees have to do is read! Our monthly book club helps to not only foster discussion and conversation, but also encourages employee engagement and strengthens relationships amongst co-workers.
- Wellness Activities: We don’t want work to stop our employees from feeling healthy and confident. Our Human Resources department works diligently to promote various wellness activities including weight loss challenges, wellness seminars and more.
- Company-Sponsored Events: To reward our employees for their hard work and dedication, MetaCoastal hosts events throughout the year such as summer picnics, Halloween department contests, and end-of-the-year celebrations. Whether it is during office hours or outside of the office, we want to thank our employees and convey our immense gratitude.
With a common goal in mind, MetaCoastal employees work collaboratively to service each company and our collective clientele. Although each department may handle different aspects of the business, constant communication amongst the company allows for expectations to align and cohesiveness to be developed. We have evolved during this COVID environment to incorporate more virtual events and collaborative sessions. Post COVID vaccine, we hope to implement some of the interactive activities we enjoyed previously.
- All-Hands: Every quarter, all MetaCoastal employees are required to go to the All-Hands meeting where employees are updated on MetaCoastal information along with updates/achievements from all of the clients that they serve. These meetings provide steady communication and an opportunity for co-workers to gather to discuss the wins and the challenges of the previous three months.
- The Flyer: Our monthly newsletter is emailed to all MetaCoastal employees. Each newsletter highlights important information from all companies to provide employees with the organizational news they need to know.
- Competitive base pay
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Subsidized affordable medical and life insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
- 401(K) (with annual discretionary match)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and business development
- Company sponsored wellness programs (Biggest Loser, Fit Bit Challenge)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Discounts to local gyms, cell phone services, and other products and services through partnership with ADP LifeMart
- Financial, legal and wellness coaching
- Company sponsored “Fun” events (Cookouts, potlucks, etc.)
- Employee sponsored charity events
- All Hands and Town Hall Meetings
- Additional company specific benefits
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers: